WE’RE SEEKING AN ASSOCIATE TO JOIN OUR VOICE OF THE CUSTOMER PRACTICE
WHO ARE WE?
Strategex, a boutique Chicago-based consulting firm with a twenty-five-year track record, is seeking an Associate to join our practice. We focus exclusively on serving business-to-business clients. Our client base spans Fortune 500 multi-national corporations to smaller privately held companies. A third of our work is conducted in overseas markets.
Our firm uses Voice of the Customer (VOC) research to capture insights that shape our client’s value creation strategies. Our engagements begin with conducting comprehensive assessments with our client’s customers. We then partner with our clients to make improvements to their business operations or commercial practices. We utilize the 80/20 strategic toolkit to help our clients accelerate organic growth and dramatically improve operating income.
Our track record is unmatched in the industry. Our firm Net Promoter Score (NPS) is 90. We have multiple clients that have worked with us for over ten years. Eighty percent of our engagements are for repeat clients and referrals.
WHO ARE YOU?
- You have 2 – 3 years of experience at a professional services firm (consulting background is a plus).
- You have a business degree or equivalent from a respected university.
- You have a passion for solving complex business problems.
- You enjoy getting in the weeds with data analysis but are equally proficient seeing the bigger picture.
- You can convert your insights into strategic recommendations.
- You are able to travel 10% of the time with some international travel possible.
- You are seeking the culture of a small firm, the entrepreneurial feel of a growing company, and the stability that comes with a well-established enterprise.
- You want a competitive compensation package, but you’re in this for more than a paycheck.
- You want to learn from some of the best consultants in the country, and you want a well-defined and actively monitored professional development plan.
- You eventually see yourself in a client-facing role where you will present results and actively work with management teams to implement your recommendations.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
You will be a key contributor for projects you are working on. Under the guidance of a VP / Engagement Manager, your primary responsibilities will include:
Reporting and Analysis:
- Transforming research findings into compelling, and actionable client reports
- Creating quantitative data visualizations
- Synthesizing qualitative feedback
- Identifying common themes
- Summarizing key findings
- Drafting final recommendations.
- Assisting in the preparation of statements of work
- Drafting discussion guides
- Monitoring the quality of interviews being conducted by other team members
- Participating on client status calls
As you progress, you’ll have more hands-on client engagement participating in client meetings to plan projects and present portions of a final report. You’ll also participate in the implementation phase of the client engagement.
When not doing project-related work, you’ll assist with business development initiatives such as drafting thought leadership articles, attending conferences, etc. You’ll also learn the 80/20 toolkit so that over time you can begin working on post-project consulting engagements as well.
WHO WILL SUCCEED IN THIS ROLE?
SOMEONE WHO HAS…
- A Business or economics degree from a respected university
- 2-3 years of work experience at a professional services organization (consulting exposure is a plus)
- Expertise in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Familiarity with Qualtrics or other data management tools
- Analytical and deductive abilities, yet is still creative and flexible
- Excellent organization and time management skills, and is able to manage multiple projects in various stages
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Confidence in client-facing situations
- Humility and is a team player
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
In exchange, we offer a competitive base salary, along with a discretionary year-end bonus and benefits package. Beyond compensation, we’ll also invest in your professional development. You’ll have a well-defined and actively monitored learning path so you can grow and evolve in your role. We also have a unique culture that is warm, family-oriented, and based upon our core Fundamentals of “Do the Right Thing, Always”, “Deliver Results”, and “Add Value”. Our culture is what differentiates us and drives our success.
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.