Make an impact.
Join our Private Equity solutions team on a mission to guide Private Equity to better deals and bigger returns.
Are you ready for a challenging (but not all-consuming) and life-changing (in a good way) position?
Who are we?
Strategex is the premiere 80/20 Profit & Growth consulting firm. We have a thirty-year track record of success and are united in the mission of “helping people win." We do this by helping our clients, employees, and community make more money, have more fun, have less stress, and have more time to spend with the people and things that matter.
In B2B deals, not understanding the impact of customer concentration is a leading cause of failure. Our customer due diligence service utilizes our clients' financial data along with primary research to help acquirers measure and mitigate this risk. We do this by assessing the stability of customer relationships, identifying customers at risk, and developing strategies to mitigate those risks.
Post-close, we have the opportunity to partner with portfolio company management teams to develop and implement value-creation strategies based on our 80/20 methodologies. Our holistic 80/20 approach has generated $3B+ in incremental operating income for our clients.
Combined, these two services empower our PE clients to make smarter investment decisions, drastically improve EBITDA, exit faster, and maximize their MOIC.
Who are you?
- You have at least five years of progressive work experience at a professional services organization, and a management consulting, investment banking, or investment management background is preferred.
- You have a BBA, and you either have an MBA or can see yourself getting one in the future.
- You have spent the first phase of your career mastering the art and science of managing relationships, and now you are looking to pivot to business development so that you can manage your own client relationships, contribute to the profitable growth of a business, develop team members, and amplify the trajectory of your own career development.
- You are eager to make an impact and love the process of investing in relationships, closing deals, delivering exceptional service, and establishing long-lasting partnerships with clients. You know you will find tremendous gratification when one of your engagements comes full circle because you have generated the opportunity, sold the engagement, oversaw the process, delivered the results, and followed up to ensure the client maximizes the value of your work.
- You are seeking a close-knit culture, better work/life balance, and a faster professional development plan.
- Ideally, you already have a network of relationships with decision-makers at private equity firms.
- You can travel up to 20% of the time (mostly day trips). In the meantime, you have the discipline to be just as productive working from home as you are in the office.
What will you do?
SELL (60% OF YOUR TIME)
- You will be accountable for generating revenue for the Practice. While some marketing-generated opportunities may be provided, you will be expected to generate - and convert - most of your own opportunities.
- With support from our Marketing team and a dedicated sales budget, you will attend industry events, publish thought leadership articles, present webinars, leverage your network, and utilize other tactics to generate demand.
- The sales cycle of our offerings varies between shorter and longer timeframes, so you will be persistent in staying engaged with your contacts and will utilize marketing automation, social media, and other tools to keep the Practice's solutions top-of-mind.
- In collaboration with the Practice's Managing Director, you will develop a business development plan for high-value relationships that will be the focus of your time and effort.
DELIVER (20% OF YOUR TIME)
- With the support of an Analyst and an Associate, you'll oversee the execution of the engagements you sell, including managing timelines and budgets, and ensure that deliverables adhere to the Practice's standards.
- You will present results to clients and management teams and stay engaged post-close.
MANAGE (20% OF YOUR TIME)
- As a senior member of the Practice, you will eventually be responsible for managing, mentoring, and developing team members.
- You will also be a member of various internal working groups that are charged with helping the Practice execute its strategic plan and meet long-term financial goals.
Why will you thrive?
Simply put, you will thrive because of our Strategex culture. Our culture is unique in that it is defined by and lived out through our 25 Fundamentals. All of us at Strategex firmly believe that it is our responsibility to honor our Fundamentals by how we conduct ourselves personally and professionally.
Let's talk. Let's get to know each other and decide if it's the right fit.
Send an email to Sandy at firstname.lastname@example.org to connect.